Monday 10 September 2012

Unknown Talent


Costa del Sol stretches over 300 km on the southern coast of Spain, offering endless beaches, restaurants and snack bars. 
I first visited Torremolinos when i was in my late teens. It had left such a pleasant aftertaste in my mouth that made me return 10 years later. Once a poor fishing village, today Torremolinos shines bright as a popular European vacation destination. 
Choosing the right restaurant can be challenging in this region of Andalusia, because of it’s vast selection. 
Continuing along Paseo Maritimo towards the promenade la Carihuela, you will come upon a restaurant called Rincón del Gourmet. Known for their fresh fish, quality meat, and signature Iberian ham, this restaurant offers a cozy and charming atmosphere, friendly service with a view on the Mediterranean sea. 

I must admit however that my discovery of the day wasn’t this charming restaurant but undoubtedly a guitarist by the name of Miguel Batana. Originally from Malaga, his performance at Rincón del Gourmet varied from Spanish folk to his own interpretation of Lasciatemi Cantare. Aside from the delicious food, his voice was why I returned to the restaurant the very next evening. I simply couldn’t get enough. Miguel Batana made me realize how many unknown talents there are all over the world and how today’s music is formula driven, making it harder for artists to find success. 
It’s unfortunate that very little is known about this so talented musician.

Yours truly,
Olga Markiza 


1 comment:

  1. How're you Olga? Nice to meet you. I'm Ricky from Indonesia.. your blog is as type as my blog --> http://www.rickysnapshot.blogspot.com/ i hope you visit my blog :)

    ReplyDelete